“Belief in angels is one of the six articles of faith in Islam, and all Muslims must accept their existence. The Qur’an emphasizes this in the following verse: 'The Messenger believes in what has been revealed to him from his Lord, and so do the believers. All believe in Allah, His Angels, His Books and His Messengers.' (Qur’an 2:285). Although angels are part of the unseen and therefore mysterious, the Qur’an and hadith offer some insight into the creation of angels, their attributes, and their purpose." (Quote Source: via What Do Muslims Believe About Angels? | suite.io)
- Learn the basic teachings of Islam regarding angels, their creation, and their attributes.
* * This article discusses:
What Are Angels?
Why Were Angels Created?
How Many Angels Are There? Where Do Angels Live?
What Do Angels Look Like? Do Angels Have Wings?
How Big Are Angels?
Are Angels Male or Female?
Angels Can Take the Form of Humans
* * More Reading on Islamic BeliefsIf you enjoyed this article, you might also like:
- Angels in Islam (Al-Malaikah) – Learn the names and duties of angels mentioned in the Qur’an and Hadith.
- What Do Muslims Believe? – An overview of the basic beliefs of Muslims, also called the six articles of faith.
- Satan in Islam Compared to Satan in Christianity – Learn how Muslims’ belief about the devil differs from that of Christians.
* Muslims invoke Allah’s blessings on the Prophet Muhammad whenever his name is mentioned.
All articles were written by Christine Benlafquih, a Morocco-based writer who covers varied topics including religion, food, health and culture.
**BLOG PUBLISHER’S COMMENT:
I used to contribute articles to this site and like to share contributions made by fellow freelance writers such as this one. Writers for Suite101.com are often professionals who publish articles on a wide range of topics from current political issues to ancient history, health, food, entertainment, religion and more. It takes no effort to search the database and find articles on just about anything.
Carl Heinrich Bloch: Angel comforts Jesus before his arrest in the Garden of Gethsemane
Source: Wikimedia Commons
* * * Additional reading?
( #giftabook - Public libraries often operate on limited budgets. If you purchase a book, after reading it, please consider donating to your local library.)
(NOTE: Previously posted at cmoneyspinner.wordpress.com, Dec 3, 2013.)