This marvelous timeline of photographs ~ "A picture of Marilyn for every year she was alive, 1926-1962." ~ was shared on Google Plus by Divine Riggio : Vintage Photographies of Human Life
1. Marilyn Monroe was born June 1, 1926, Los Angeles, California.
2. Ms. Monroe feared that viewers would think of her as about a "frivolous fool", so she studied and rehearsed earnestly at various acting studios.
3. Despite the fact that Marilyn Monroe is considered a sex symbol, she confessed in her diaries: "I was always very physically clamped. I have always been sure that something is wrong with me."
Image credit: Another photo shared by Divine Riggio on G+ ~ "A teenage Norma Jeane, later known as Marilyn Monroe. Circa 1940."
4. Marilyn Monroe loved to read. More than 400 books were in her personal library. She did not finish high school and felt the need to continue her education on her own, not only to quench her thirst for knowledge but in order to be on par with others who were blessed to complete a formal education program.
5. Before becoming a famous actress, she worked at an aircraft factory, during the World War II. Her job was crucial, She was checked the serviceability of parachutes. One of the photographers, who was looking for "fresh faces" noticed her there. The rest, as they say, is history.
6. Marilyn Monroe ate very little and could spend an entire day drinking only orange juice. Yet she has never been skinny, according to today's “perfect size” standards (say size 5 by comparison to today's slim petite almost emaciated models who wear a size 2).
7. In order to become the wife of her third husband, Marilyn Monroe converted to Judaism. She was fond of Arthur Miller and trust him a lot. It was his betrayal that completely undermined her faith in people.
Over half a century later, Marilyn Monroe is still revered as a Hollywood legend, an ideal American beauty / diva. Her popularity has not dwindled. It is a pity that her life ended up so early or to quote another diva, Sir Elton John, she was like a “candle in the wind”.
About the author: This guest post was supplied by Melisa Marzett is an amazing writer, who is currently writing for smartessayrewriter.com. Get inspired with her posts!* Other guest posts by Melisa:
♦ ♦ ♦
Iconic Beauty Looks From the Year You Were Born
If you were born in 1957, the ideal beauty / model for that year was Marilyn Monroe. Check for the year you were born.