Ever see the movie "The Falcon and the Snowman" (1985)*? It provides a very convincing argument for buying real estate in Costa Rica.
In between, Mr. Lee gets caught and accused of murder. Of course, he didn't commit the murder but that didn't stop the law enforcement authorities who captured him from grilling him, thoroughly interrogating him, and torturing him to get the truth out of him. After all is said and done “ they say "He did!," - he say "He didn't! He's just a tourist, a businessman." - there's a scene where he's about to be released and a man walks in and says something to the effect: "We're going to give you 2 choices." Before the man could tell what the choices were, Mr. Lee (Sean Penn) looks up at the guy, weary, scared, demoralized and says in questioning tone of voice: "Costa Rica?" I CRACKED UP LAUGHING!! I thought to myself: 'Now ain't that sumthin! They done beat the crap about this boy and he is totally weakened and confused, but he still had the clarity of mind to try to negotiate to get sent to Costa Rica!!' :)
This is not a movie review.
Those were introductory remarks to bring the reader to the real topic to be discussed in this post:
COSTA RICACosta Rica means "Rich Coast".
- Capital: San Jose
- Primary Language: Spanish
- Location: Central America, bordering both the Caribbean Sea and the North Pacific Ocean, between Nicaragua and Panama.
* * Vacation Rentals in Costa Rica * *
* * Buy Real Estate in Costa Rica * *
- Beyoncé's Pictures of her Costa Rican Getaway (costaricantimes.com)
- Costa Rica celebrates 65th year without a military (insidecostarica.com)
* Duplicate Post. Apologies. (It happens.) * :P