This post supplies a contrast and comparison for three (3) different sites: two of them are (in my mind) blogging communities and the other one is more like a discussion forum or a micro-blogging platform/social network.
My member name at all of the sites is "cmoneyspinner".
These are my profile links:
- BlogBourne (member since August 2016; signed up because a friend asked me to);
- LiteracyBase (member since July 2016); and
- myLot (member since August 2015).
Earn Residual Income :
Join Social Sites That Pay
When I say that I'm taking a second look, I mean that a reevaluation or a second evaluation is in order.
BlogBourne is a site where many of my fellow friends and bloggers are actively publishing and commenting. It must be a worthwhile effort. Otherwise, why would they continue to stay there? However, for me, navigating the site to find topics of interest to me feels a tad bit awkward. Also, to get a post approved, 400+ words are required. For these reasons, my activity at this site is not very frequent.
By contrast, my efforts at Literacy Base and myLot are much more rewarding, and as such, I login to my account almost every day. There is always something to be done, in addition to blogging, at either of these sites that can generate some extra income.
In fact, myLot doesn't even require blogging. But if you wanted, you could describe your activity as micro-blogging. Starting a discussion there is very similar to composing a short Tweet. (A short Tweet? That's a redundant expression, isn't it? I apologize. :) )
To get a post approved at Literacy Base, 300+ words are required. For some reason, it seems easier to write 300 words than 400. (It's psychological. I'm a fruitcake! ) But you can easily earn from contributing to forums and groups, updating you wall (or timeline) with a quote or some random comment, leaving comments at blog posts published by others, etc.
- NOTE: To be fair, you also don't need to blog at BlogBourne. You can be active in the same way as on Literacy Base.
With Literacy Base (cash out at $10) and myLot (cash out at $5) - look up at the right hand corner of your screen and you can immediately see your earnings. With BlogBourne (cash out at $10) you have to calculate what you've earned by multiplying your accumulated coins by the exchange rate. (Not sure what the exchange rate is. It's probably best if you ask the BB site owner directly or click here to read a post by a blogger who is a member at both sites.)
Two final remarks:
(1) All communities have really nice members, including the Admin folks.
(2) If you are a newbie blogger, these sites are a great place to get started. If I could go backwards, I would have started my blogging attempts at sites like these. Eh! Live and learn! My pain is your gain.