- Growth and development? Youth and adolescence.
- Procreation and maintenance? Young adult – 20 something plus 30 years.
- Disease prevention and keeping body systems working? Congratulations! You've reached the 50 and beyond mark!
What is an ideal anti-aging shopping list for someone 50 or over?
1. Green Leafy Vegetables
- fight DNA damage that may lead to cancer;
- reduce your risk of chronic eye diseases;
- suppress the amino acid homocysteine which is important for brain health.
2. Kefir or Yogurt
- source of calcium, needed for bone;
- choose plain, low-sugar varieties, ideally made from grass-fed milk.
3. Whey Protein
- counteract loss of muscle mass and strength.
- easily absorbed and supports muscle growth and repair.
- add to smoothies or mix with milk for a quick shake.
4. Wild-Caught Seafood
- best sources of omega-3 fats, fights inflammation and supports brain health, heart health and more.
- high in fiber and antioxidants;
- should be called “super berries” because of all the health benefits.
6. Olive Oil
- heart-healthy monounsaturated fat can lower risk of heart disease;
- controls insulin levels and blood sugar;
- provides vitamins E and K.
7. Dark Chocolate (the darker, the better)
- rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds
- lowers risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and even abdominal obesity;
- satisfies your sweet tooth. :)
DISCLAIMER: Information above not intended to substitituted for medical advice. General information purposes only. If you found the summary above useful and would like to read the extended version of the article or find other health-related writings, click here to peruse the full library.
Lumen Naturals for Weight Loss