While doing research to write an article about my father's land of birth, came across an interesting … uuhhh … ??? ... “coincidence”? The month of July is a very popular month for independence days.
- The Bahamas - July 10th
- United States of America - July 4th
- Argentina - July 9th
- France - July 14th
- Colombia - July 20th
- Who would willingly choose to do battle in the dead of winter?
- Spring time is a time for lovers? The birds and the bees, the flowers and the trees. Etc.
- Autumn is out of the question. You can't sneak up on the enemy because the dead leaves on the ground make too much noise when you step on 'em!!
- Fighting for your freedom in the month of July? Makes perfect sense.
Cool thing about The Bahamas is they peacefully negotiated their independence from the British. Now that's a noteworthy historical note! Wouldn't you agree?
* * *
- Tropical Paradise and Artist Inspiration
- Express Yourself! • Climate Change and The Bahamas
- #Bahamas 41st Post Independence Celebration in Atlanta
- The Bahamas: The Best of Its Art and Culture | culturetrip.com