Research about Ophir's geographical location is scant.
In short, no one seems to know where it is!
If it is ever found, it will probably be by accident, because everybody keeps searching for Atlantis.
The last bit of recorded information we have about Ophir is that the ships that set sail to go there which were sent by another king, never made it to their destination!
So I can sort of understand why people would rather go look for Atlantis. Atlantis disappeared. Not the folks who were looking for it!!! (O.o)
- 1 Kings 9:28 - And they came to Ophir, and fetched from thence gold, four hundred and twenty talents, and brought it to king Solomon.
- 1 Kings 10:11 - And the navy also of Hiram, that brought gold from Ophir, brought in from Ophir great plenty of almug trees, and precious stones.
- 1 Kings 22:48 - Jehoshaphat made ships of Tharshish to go to Ophir for gold: but they went not; for the ships were broken at Eziongeber.
Photo credit: Wikipedia: Solomon and the Plan for the Temple, as in 1 Kings 6, illustration from a Bible card published by the Providence Lithograph Company
* * *
- The Lost Continents of Lemuria and Mu (circa71.wordpress.com)
- Most Expensive Hotel (celebritynetworth.com)
- As I See It: If you open Pandora's box, what will you find? (naplesnews.com)
- True Stories of Ships Lost at Sea (hubpages.com)
- Atlantis (simonsylvester.wordpress.com)
* * * Anyway I did manage to find two known places that have the name "Ophir", one in Colorado USA and the other in New Zealand. Both representing
Manuherikia River and Hoar Frost, Ophir, Central Otago, South Island, New Zealand
David Wall ~ Allposters.com
Waterfall, Ophir Pass, Colorado, USA
Cathy & Gordon... Photographic Print ~ Allposters.com