* * BLOG PAGES * *
- HOME Page
- Food Ways for Foodies
- Grocery & Gourmet
- Health Insurance
- Feng Shui Gifts
- My Shopping Channel
- Daily Two Cents
- Cmoneyspinner on Pinterest
- Cmoneyspinner Around the Web
- Home Business Works
- Earn Income on BlogJob
- Get Paid to Test Apps
- Hiring for Social Media Jobs
- Freelance Work
- Castles in the USA
- Biz Info and Tips on G+
- * * BLOG SPONSORS * *
27 April 2017
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Photo credit: By Rich Esteban - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, Link
18 March 2017
Currently I work from home so I don't get out much to browse the stores any more. Also, we no longer have cable TV. Sure I could shop online but don't always know who to look for. My significant other combs YouTube and finds all kinds of new artists. But I don't have the patience to do that. I have however, stumbled across a blog that specializes in introducing its readers to musical artists from around the world: Germany, Greece, Mali, South Africa, Canada, Hungary, France, Caribbean and on and on and on. You can search this site by names of artists, by countries and/or by genres. As of March 2017, it had over 4000 followers. Their posts date back to 2011. The last post is dated December 2015. They have so much variety, it makes me dizzy. But I love it!! Why don't you visit? If you love world music, you'll love this blog!
If you see the banner below, you should be at the right site.
(Hope they don't change their banner.)
* * Cmoneyspinner Around the Web * *
* * * Fascinating Fact:
- Origins of the Term World Music: Wesleyan University Professor, Robert E. Brown, is usually credited with coining the term “world music” in the early 1960s, when describing his Ethnomusicology program. Info source: What Is World Music? by Simone Preuss, Suite101 Contributor (Archived Webpage) (Supplemental link: What is World Music? | About.com)
- Institutions of higher learning offer international programs in ethnomusicology. Learn more at TheSoceity for Ethnomusicology.
23 February 2016
So why watch these flicks?
- Brutal honesty. The guys are hunks! :)
- REBLOG: Random Mexican's Movie Review: DELIVER US FROM EVIL(cmoneyspinner.blogspot.com)
- Our Ten's List: Least Anticipated Movies 2016(deluxevideoonline.org)
- Six breathtaking Roman ruins that you've never heard of(thelocal.it)
03 December 2015
- History's Famous Orphans(writedge.com)
- Annie Opens Tonight at the Paramount. But Here's the Cutest Version of "Tomorrow" Ever Recorded. (NSFW)(thestranger.com)
- Annie Blanton: Texas Teacher, Suffragist, and Politician(teacherlingo.com)
Know the Meaning of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?
Disney Princesses Meet the 21st Century Teen
Classic Movies and Movie History
Remembering Humphrey Bogart
Haiku Movie Reviews?
24 November 2015
The publisher write movie reviews in haiku. Takes quickie movie reviews to another level. Right? This person should have a segment on one of the entertainment TV shows where they come on at the last minute and recite their movie critique/poem for a new movie release. It would only take 2 or 3 minutes.
The post archive dates back to 2005. Even found a few movies that I never heard. The only thing that could blog even better would be to include foreign films, i.e. not made in America or not made by Americans.
Here is the link to the haiku of a Johnny Depp movie that everybody was raving about.
- 'Mahogany' Taught the True Value of Being a Success
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Meaning
- I heart Foreign Films
- Rahab by Eikonik | From the Chest from Atlantis Archive
- Cool Tumblr Artist I Fancy - Reyes
- Cool Tumblr Artist I Fancy - Ashley Cassaday
19 November 2015
"After the defeat of Germany at the end of WWII (and the end of the Forties spy classics that went with it) and before James Bond came along, most spy movies were simply crime movies with exotic settings. But as the Cold War warmed up, a few managed to subtly buck the trend in the 1950s, in some ways presaging the direction the genre would go in the Sixties, following 007's explosive cinematic debut. Columbia’s B-programmer Flame of Stamboul, directed by Ray Nazarro and starring the future governor of Hawaii Richard Denning, is surprisingly such a film. ..."
Continue reading at Double O Section: Movie Review: Flame of Stamboul (1951).
- Frederick Forsyth reveals life as a Cold War spy(warhistoryonline.com)
- [PHOTOS] A Look Inside A Killing Machine- 100 Year Old WWI German U-Boat(universalfreepress.com)
- Berlin Spy Museum Opens(matthewaid.com)
- Cold War Crucible: The Korean Conflict and the Postwar World, by Hajimu Masuda (2015)(notevenpast.org)
- Causes of the Cold War(writedge.com)
- Arbeit Macht Frei Iconic Sign Stolen from Dachau(dailytwocents.com)
* Promote Your Blog *
Niume is a social blogging platform, created to help bloggers promote their blogs, writers, promote their content, artists and photographers share their work, and more! You can earn residual income for your activity. Join free and start immediately! Click "Create a Post" and a quick form will pop up. A valid eMail address is required.